The ruling is out on serial killer Bruce McArthur. McArthur was handed a mandatory life sentence today (Feb 8) for brutally murdering eight men between 2010 and 2017. Apparently he was given 8 life sentences for these gruesome murders and will only be eligible to apply for parole at the age of 91. The final ruling was made by Justice John McMahon for the 67-year-old former landscaper, who pleaded guilty to eight counts of first-degree murder last week. A law enacted in 2011 now allows judges to use their discretion to sentence multiple murderers to additional periods of parole ineligibility. In his decision, McMahon said McArthur probably would have continued to murder if he was not caught and likely lured the men to their deaths likely on the promise of consensual sexual activity. The Crown requested that the judge sentence McArthur to a 50-year parole ineligibility period due to the heinous nature of his crimes but his request was ultimately denied because the judge had noted that most men do not live to the age of 91. “If the accused either had a trial or would have been younger, I would have had no hesitation in imposing consecutive parole ineligibility terms to protect the public and address general deterrence, retribution and denunciation,” he said. McMahon, who read out his decision for sentencing in court on Friday morning, said McArthur’s choice to waive a preliminary inquiry and plead guilty to his crimes was one of the primary factors in deciding not to sentence McArthur to consecutive parole ineligibilities. McArthur’s victims were Andrew Kinsman, Selim Esen, Majeed Kayhan, Dean Lisowick, Soroush Mahmudi, Skandaraj Navaratnam, Abdulbasir Faizi and Kirushna Kanagaratnam.