Canada’s Wonderland is getting ready to host a month-long celebration to commemorate Canada’s 150th birthday. Throughout the entire month of July, the park will feature exciting Canadian-themed shows, food and events to honour this milestone. From West Coast Lumberjacks, to Freestyle Ski Aerials, to live music, to a spectacular Canada Day Fireworks show, there will be non-stop action the entire family will enjoy.
Arthur’s Baye will transform into Celebration Plaza from July 1 to 31, and will host a wide range of live music, street performers and shows, all free with park admission:
- West Coast Lumberjacks: Internationally recognized for their daredevil skills, these lumberjacks will compete in log rolling, tree climbing, axe throwing, chainsaw carving, and more.
- Freestyle Ski Aerials: Skiers and kayakers will fly off a massive ski jump into Arthur’s Baye during Celebration Canada 150.
- Flying Frontenacs Stunt and Dive Show: The Flying Frontenacs will dive off a 70ft (21m) platform and showcase their athleticism on trampolines with incredible flips, turns and dives.
- Cirque Canadien: This performance of acrobatics, mystique and athleticism will brings guests on a journey through the Canadian seasons.
- Live Music: Celebrating music from the east and west coast, live bands will entertain guests daily.
- Starlight: Northern Reflections: This night-time spectacle celebrates the natural beauty of Canada through a stunning display of lights, music, lasers and water effects, set to the backdrop of 3D projections on Wonder Mountain.
- The Great Canadian Fiddle Show: Join in on the fun with this energetic show celebrating Canadian fiddle music and step dance.
- White Pine Dancers: Experience First Nations History through vibrant performances of song and dance including traditional thundering drums.
- Celtic Dancers: The sights and sounds of modern Irish dancing and music will take over Celebration Plaza on select days throughout the month.
- Earth Rangers: Join the Earth Rangers for a live animal show and learn how to protect animals and the environment.
- Fireworks: Ring in Canada Day with some of the best fireworks in the Toronto area, featuring a unique design set to an original soundtrack and over 6,000 colourful explosions.
In addition to its Celebration Canada 150 activities, Canada’s Wonderland will be offering complimentary admission to all active and retired personnel of the Canadian Armed Forces from Friday, June 30 through Monday, July 3.
For more information, or to purchase tickets, visit www.canadaswonderland.com.
About Canada’s Wonderland
Canada’s Wonderland, Canada’s premier amusement park located in Vaughan, Ontario (just outside Toronto), is a 300-acre theme park with more than 200 attractions including 16 rollercoasters, and is the home to Splash Works, a 20-acre water park. Canada’s Wonderland is owned and operated by Cedar Fair Entertainment Company (NYSE: FUN), a publicly traded partnership and one of the largest regional amusement-resort operators in the world. The Company owns and operates 11 amusement parks, two outdoor water parks, one indoor water park and five hotels. For more information, see www.cedarfair.com.